Friday, February 17, 2006

The Beginning

So where to start? Oh... "at the very beginning... its a very good place to start..."

Okay, I promise. Its the last of movie quotes (well, or at least from the Sound of Music). I just couldn't help myself.

I guess I should give some background. My wonderful husband and I have been trying for a baby since June 2005. There's just been one problem with my cycles...

I don't have one.

Seriously? I'm on my third cycle since June. Currently, I'm on cycle day 94. I just don't ovulate. Apparently, its important for conception. And think... I could have saved all that money on birth control and tampons.

I'm currently on provera to start my cycle and then I'll start clomid. I've heard some great things and some awful things about this drug. We'll see how it works. I'm glad to at least be doing something in this quest.

Our family doesn't know about the whole trying to have a baby thing. Neither do the majority of our friends. So this will be an anonymous blog. I want this to be a place to let it all hang out. Where people who are going through the same thing can come and hear what other people are going through. Because infertility can be a very lonely place. I have only one friend (in real life of course) that can completely relate. The rest got pregnant just by thinking dirty thoughts.

So anyway... get ready. You'll hear the ups and the downs, the goods and the bads, and hopefully a pregnancy announcement!

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger lilac_leaf said...

Thought I'd pop in and see what your blog was like. Love the design you've chosen. As for content, I can't say that I completely know how you feel, but I have an idea... We tried for ten months before conceiving, and both of us appear to have no fertility issues. It killed me for my in-laws to visit with their friends who'd just had a grandson. And when Britney Spears had her baby I wanted to pull my hair out... Why didn't we have a baby yet and SHE did? :)

Of course, I am impatient and easily frustrated. But I had also always had in my mind that I wouldn't mind adopting a kid someday, so I didn't feel completely hopeless. Hope to follow your story through to a happy beginning, however it comes about :)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sirion said...

Hey, M&M, glad to see you've joined the blog club. You know I've been rooting for you since day one and I hope to join you in your journey here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home