Monday, March 13, 2006

A day in the life

Or... Reasons why I'm looking for a new job.

5:30am: Wake up. Realize its a work day. Try not to cry. Snooze alarm.

6:30am: CRAAAPPP!!!

6:30am - 7:30am: Shower, dress, get ready for work. All around panic.

7:30am - 8:30am: Drive one hour to work. Curse school buses and little old ladies on the way. Speed. Try not to get a ticket.

8:30am: Try to sneak in the office because I'm late (again).

8:30am - 12:00pm: Sit in office. Look at lots of numbers in excel spreadsheets. Myspace. thenest.com. SPSS. Basically, no interaction to the outside world.

12:00pm: LUNCH! Oh wait. Office of introverted people and I'm cheap. huh. Sit at desk and eat soup.

1:00pm - 5:00pm: (see 8:30am - 12:00pm time slot)

5:00pm - LEAVE WORK! Woo... oh wait. hour drive...

5:00 - 6:30pm - hour drive usually turns into hour and a half. More cursing. Turning radio up too loudly. Getting angry at the person who just cut me off, etc. (Anyone seen the 1st part of "Office Space". Yep... my drive home).

6:30pm - Oh crap. nothing to eat. Find something for dinner.

8:00ish - bedtime: Talk my husband's ear off because! Finally! Real! Live! People! And I NEED some INTERACTION! Talk to me now!

Bedtime: Husband gets tired of incessent talking and goes to bed. Having no one but the dog to talk to ... I sleep too.

Rinse and repeat.

So yeah. job sucks. Having your own office is cool, but sucks majorly if you are an extroverted person in an introverted job. So, I'm looking for something new. And trying not to go crazy in the process. It looks like no matter what, July 3 will be my last day on the job. I'm just trying to hold on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home