Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wow... I can't believe its March

So yeah... time has surely been getting away from me lately! I wasn't able to access the internet when I was away at my work conference, and then there's always the obligatory panic and catch-up that always ensues after any time you are away from the office. So needless to say its been busy. And I haven't been working on my thesis much so that's been really stressful. yuck!

So I took my last provera pill on Sunday and my period came on Monday. Its the second time that provera has worked that well for me so that's exciting! I'll start my first clomid round on Friday. I then go in the next 3 Fridays in a row to have different blood tests run. If all goes well, I'll find out if I'm pregnant on March 24th. My hubby will be out of town, so hopefully he'll get a nice surprise when he gets back. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping that since the provera worked so well, that the clomid will work well also. I've heard both good and bad stories surrounding clomid. I know ladies that got pregnant on the first or second try and other ladies for whom it did nothing. So I'm not sure what to expect. I guess the best thing would be to just expect nothing, right?

So ladies who got pregnant the month I started trying to conceive are having their babies. So that's been kinda hard. I've struggled a lot with the fact that none of this has happened the way I imagined. I always expected to try, wait two weeks and test with the hopes of seeing those pink lines. I don't want my doctor to call and give me the good or bad news. I guess I could always test the day I go in for the blood work... at least then if its a negative I'll be braced.

So the next few weeks are going to be pretty exciting... but scary at the same time. I'm so excited to actually get to try to have a baby. But I'm terrified that its not going to work.

Wish me luck and baby dust!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home