Monday, April 03, 2006

Miracle

Yeah... I'm sure you were all wondering where I went. I mean, I go in for a pregnancy test and then never update. I'm such a meanie.

So what has happened this last week? Everything.

Last weekend was uneventful. After my blood draw, I went to work. My husband was out of town, so I spent the weekend doing stuff that I wanted to do with friends and family. It was pretty nice.

I also spent the weekend obsessing, as you can see in my last post.

On Monday I woke up feeling crappy. I was cramping and tired and felt just like my period was coming. I didn't think I could handle that happening at work. But since they said if by Monday my period didn't come to call them, I decided to wait until noon.

By noon... nothing. Still crampy, still exhausted. But no period. Oh and a temperature of 98.64... (by now, most people would have figured out that something must be up. But I so didn't want to get my hopes up, so I explained everything away.)

So I called the office and left a message with my doctor's nurse to call me back.

Me: Hello?

Her: Hi, how do you feel today?

Me: Eh, I'm okay.

Her: Do you feel pregnant?

Me: *stunned silence* What? Should I?

Her: Maaaaybe! Congratulations.

Me: *cries & laughs*

So apparently, my HSG level was a 16 on Friday or 10 days past ovulation. Anything over a 5 means you are pregnant. They had me come in to do a test to make sure they are doubling and that my progesterone level was better than before... cause 8.9 just isn't good enough.

I thought, okay, this is where the other shoe is going to drop. This is where it all goes wrong. I can't write about it yet. Its too fresh.

I got my results on Tuesday. Your HSG level is supposed to double ever 48 hours. So by Sunday it should have been a healthy 32.

On Monday... mine was 130! 130!!!!

And my progesterone was 21.9. They like it to be over 10. I'm such an overachiever.

So yeah. I'm pregnant. I'm due in December and I'm super nervous we won't see a heartbeat on April 17th so we aren't coming out of the pregnancy closet just yet. I'm exhausted. Starting to get morning sickness. Gassy. Bloated. Moody. E-M-O-T-I-O-N-A-L. Pee every 30 minutes.

And its wonderful. God is a good God who doesn't listen to "its very very unlikely".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home