Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Venturing into dangerous territory

In the world of infertility there are several deadly sins, including, but not limited to:

1. Never tell a woman to just relax and they'll get pregnant
2. Under no circumstances should you tell an infertile friend over and over about your "oops" pregnancy
3. All pregnant women who complain about being pregnant should be shot.

Okay I'm exaggerating a little. (but not much)

If you frequent infertility boards, you'll find a myriad of different viewpoints, but the majority agree on the above. I, personally, never agreed to #3... but I'm afraid I'm going to really anger some people.

I haven't posted because I've been awfully sick. I barely get through the work day and only complete outside tasks on an "as needed" basis. Read: I only do them when it becomes an extreme emergency; such as I've run out of sour candy... holy crap get thee to the store! Stat!

The morning (noon and night) sickness is enough to drive you batty. To me throwing up ranks up there with war, poverty, and the AIDS epidemic as the worst things in the world. So to have to endure this practically everyday is awful. And when the only things that help (spicy foods, Dr. Pepper, chips, etc) also give you heartburn... now that makes for a fun day!

Now, I'm very happy to be pregnant. I'm thrilled and overwhelmed with joy. I cry at the mere thought of how blessed I am (and at Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty commercials). But I am NOT happy about being sick. And I'm not going to pretend to be. Cause that seems a little silly (and a lot masochistic). So if you see me around the internet (because my real life people still do not know about this blog) and I'm not bursting with the glow and happiness of motherhood... now you know why.

And please don't tell me that I should really be happy. Because then "The Moody" might come out and kill you. And we don't want that, now do we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home